Vance and Hines fuel controller

x-kid
This post is 3894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am not to far off from collecting my new Yamaha Bolt now, and i have ordered some V&H pipes for it, which means i need a little box of tricks to sort the fuel/air out. i have bought the pipes from America as they are MUCH cheaper than here in the uk. Its the same story with the fuel contoller, but, i am unsure if a U.S. version of the controller will work with the standard U.K. ecu fitted to the bike. I know the connections are all the same, my concern is will the U.S. box work with my bike as i know emmissions laws are very different between the two countries, or does this not make a difference, as the box should be compensating for running lean/rich. If anyone can shed any light on this i would be most grateful.

Thanks

Si

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think the power commanders are the same and adjustable to suit your bike

Power commanders can be programed to run stock like setting for e testing and then switched back for power all done quite easy.V&H worked with power commander so it should work well together,,, honestly cant say though as the bolt is new. I hope you like loud pipes.

The power commander I'm thinking of buying is Vance and Hines own fuelpak, I've tried emailing them about this but haven't heard back. I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject at all, but as far as I can tell,the fuelpak is only there to add a little more fuel, to compensate for more air with aftermarket pipes. So to this end I can't see that it being a U.S. unit makes a difference. Is my understanding right?

• 2 weeks later...

I love loud pipes on a VTwin it seems almost a crime not to fit them. I have Vance and Hines big shots with quiet baffles on my Warrior (quiet baffles are only very slightly quieter but the sound is nicer). Power commander is regarded by almost everyone as the best fuel controller, I bought the new version and it was faulty, sent it back for a refund. It may take a long time to get hold of one for a brand new model of bike, it was around 2 months before I got mine. I ended up taking it off and just running my bike without it, mines done 15,000 fault free miles and runs fine. A friend of mine has another yam warrior with ridiculous home made exhausts fitted from day he bought it. 30,000 miles later its still using the original spark plugs and running perfect.

www.dynojet.co.uk [email protected]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online