Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3769 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Iv got a partial haynes manual blackhat with the fuel part the float hight is correct and iv currently got the mix screw set at 1 1/2 turns out like it says in there also needle is on correct notch aswell

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

K you need help sorting your carb out you don't have it set right,we have given you enough information if you cant get it set up yourself maybey it's time to hire a professional befor you blow your bike up from running it with the wrong set up.

Iv watched the video on the thread you listed before so ill av a go at setting carb up at least im getting somewere now and bike runs and rides to an extent so its fine tuning now hopefully so if bikes idling high this means to lean that right

Dt50 my bike has exactly the same issue as kimBs bike im gunna double check my float hight all the jets are clear and the passages are aswel definatly then ill go about setting the air/fuel mix screw see if that solves the issue cheers guys your all brilliant on here id of set bike on fire by now and toasted marshmallows over the flames

Just take your time don't rush it then make sure everything is as it suposed to be no short cuts here.If you can't get the bike to run without choke then you have a air leak some where.

Ok cheers dt50 iv got the rhs crank seal on standby as the left 1 doesnt seem to be causing any issues when carb cleaner is sprayed into it ill try setting carb up 1st though before i do that ill let u no how i get on cheers guys

One other thing , keep the air filtre on while adjusting, 3ooo rpm is too high, 1200-1500 . is good , and your lean alright,

Rh crankseal will not help the airleak situation ,as its submerged in gear oil,

were gettin near DT50 " :thumb:

Yeh hich" it will suck gearoil, when running , its visable and smells awfull .unlike 2stroke oil,,, :facelick:

Some Rh seals are on the inside of casings , ie - engine split, others need clutch basket & primary gear removed only. :yeah:

A wee English leason To & Too [ also- very] use them in the right place as they mean different thing..

I know am a hypocrite " as you lot forced you languge on Us 300 years ago... :tounge:

How come after all that time you never mastered it? :eusa_whistle:

:babyha: , I know" txt talk will ruin spelling, Back on topic- when this thing is running, do a short run , then check plug colour,

some one will explain PLUG chop. get back to us with info. as i thing this thing is way off, and siezure can happen,, :eusa_doh:

Yes but in your case you want to pull the clutch in at the same you Kill the eng