Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Lol oh joyous another job :D im goin to change oil crank seal as i seem to be getting the symptoms of that leaking with the excessive smoke out of exhaust and oil spitting out of exhaust manifold also seems to tie in with the running issue im having with whats been said above might aswell do water pump seal aswell then

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok before you go ripping anything appart check the crank seal left for leaks,check the intake for leaks .

The oil comming from the pipe might be normal if the pipe is old and never been de coked ,,baffel packing old and saturated with old 2t oil,and milky tranny oil does not always mean a water pump seal condensation form's in the cases everytime the bike is left to cool down after riding and over time it will mix with the oil.

Have you been having to top up the coolant? Is the gear box oil level high?

Its a 5 dollar seal and easy to change and worth doing even if it isn't leaking.

But lets just sort out the running problem first OK?

I havent really ridden bike to have to keep checking coolant lol iv only topped it up after iv had carb off with the coolant pipes and iv tried the lh crank case seal wen i got the bike cos it already had the idle issue but the rpm didnt change it just stayed the same and with the oil it was spitting out of the manifold onto the exhaust im goin to do seals anyway just to eliminate them im pretty handy with repairing bikes just no good at bike diagnosis lol

Ok ill check that iv noticed that it looks asif its been spitting oil out of the exhaust maniflod and on to the numberplate at back you think this is crankcase seal issue then

I think you"ve confused the Tailpipe with manifold, unless you"ve a numberplate on front mudgaurd, :grin:

Ok iv had a break through i think lol i changed plug bike now runs but only with the choke plunger up iv also ridden it and it pulls well but on idle the bike ticks over 2k but starts to die out and if i adjust idle screw the revs raise for a couple seconds but then drop back down if i blip revs then dies off also the mixture screw is doing nothing iv got it screwed out pretty much all the way and if i screw it bk in bike wont rev over 6k but i still havent got a rubber oring or washer on it any ideas iv also sprayed all around inlet manifold reed valves and crank casing and no change in revs i also took the restriction bottle off and sprayed carb cleaner in there bike died instantly but started straight back up hope this helps you with my problem this is best i can explain the running of the bike as of today

If your having to keep choke on to run, then its fuel starvation, on the pilot jet system . have you another carb" to swap. so we can illiminate more .

Ok iv had a break through i think lol i changed plug bike now runs but only with the choke plunger up iv also ridden it and it pulls well but on idle the bike ticks over 2k but starts to die out and if i adjust idle screw the revs raise for a couple seconds but then drop back down if i blip revs then dies off also the mixture screw is doing nothing iv got it screwed out pretty much all the way and if i screw it bk in bike wont rev over 6k but i still havent got a rubber oring or washer on it any ideas iv also sprayed all around inlet manifold reed valves and crank casing and no change in revs i also took the restriction bottle off and sprayed carb cleaner in there bike died instantly but started straight back up hope this helps you with my problem this is best i can explain the running of the bike as of today

are you saying you have NO exhaust gasket between the pipe and the exhaust port here?

No air he is missing the pilot screw washer and seal

yes I misunderstood that,

but in post 85 he said

"No theres oil on the numberplate but i had a bad seal on the front pipe were oil was spitting of inbetween the exhaust and engine"

so lets talk further about this joint?

oil on the numberplate is normal for these bikes especially when they arent getting ridder far (cold)

Then is it sealed or not? If air can get in there then it will affect the bikes running ,,you realy need to fix all known problems missing parts seal ect

In not 100% sure if its sealed i didnt rhink this would cause an issue with it being on the outlet side of the bike but ill try get new washers and orings over weekend for the mix screw

and while you're at it

check the power valve (PV) is aligned correctly

When you turn on the key the PV will go through it's cleaning cycle (zzzt zzzt) then turn off the key, at this point the 'U' shaped cutout in the PV pulley should be in line with the 4mm blind hole behind it in the cyl head. Now look up the exhaust port, the top of the port should be perfectly flat and smooth if the PV is positioned correctly, not protruding into the port in any way at all