Done a foamy..

pilninggas
This post is 3922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just picked up an 89 FZR1000R for £250.

Needs some work, but all there. Got loads of EXUP parts so plan to have it on the road march-ish.

got a lovely SP Engineering end can on it, a new chain (still in the packaging), 2 new tyres, had oil and filter before being taken off the road, blokes back has gone.

They are starting to appreciate, so hopefully fix up the top fairing (i have the same one, unpainted, someone gave me), insure it (£98 with no NCB) and have a usable classic.

The only worry is my garage is now full to the brim....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice, good catch. :)

yes it is.

Felt a bit bad, but I think the guy needed to fluidise some assets in a hurry. As i was the only serious buyer, able to collect it quickly, the ball was in my court.

I know these things inside out, so know what could be instore, but bar cosmetics it looks pretty tidy and genuine. I could probably stick it on ebay and double my outlay [conservatively], but these big yam 4s are in my soul. Some idiot has dynojetted it, which is a ruddy pain, but he gave me a spare set of carbs and I have a set in shed, so might be able to make something workable up and revert to standard.

Good buy merv" future classic, :thumb: ... Before ebay , say 1999 ish ,,, you couldn"t give away 2 strokes . now look at the prices.. :spin2:

Good buy merv" future classic, :thumb: ... Before ebay , say 1999 ish ,,, you couldn"t give away 2 strokes . now look at the prices.. :spin2:

tell me about it, i had a YPVS F2 that was pretty tired and got next to nought for it - now it would still command over a grand even as non runner (plus now i'd have the space to sort it out).

Wish i'd kept it, but hey ho just like the guy who i bought the EXUP off today, i needed the money at the time.

Nice purchase, any chance of a few pics?

There wasn't any chance yesterday, it was torrential rain and I got soaked loading and unloading the bike.

this is a picture taken by the PO, note the end can on it is different (and a lot better!):

markt.jpg

• Like 1

Dainty little bike mate, as you say a future classic and a usable bike as well, just love the old style graphics.

Update: got it running this afternoon! yippee.

Dropped the old gunk petrol out of the tank - stuck it in primera!

pulled the float bowls and degunked.

freed-up choke slide.

jumped it off the car and after some coaxing started-up.

The engine seems stronger than my other exup and revs cleanly and not too rich.

warmed it up, doesn't overheat.

All electrics work.

Happy as fook. Happy Christmas YOCers.

• Like 2

Holy duck you got that for 250 or about 500 here what a steal Happy earlie Merry hohoho,not quite sure why you dont like dyno jet kits if done properly they work well.

Holy duck you got that for 250 or about 500 here what a steal Happy earlie Merry hohoho,not quite sure why you dont like dyno jet kits if done properly they work well.

It's not that i dislike dynojet kits in the truest sense, but (a) things get drilled, so once committed it can't be undone (b.) they are often fitted to fix something, but miss the point and add to the problems (c.) dynojet reel off all sorts of stuff about how they improve this, that and the other, but it always seems a bit snake-oily. Factory pro jet kits on the other hand...

£250????

Absolute bargain, cant lose even if you break it for spares, cracking buy, well done

Best bit is it's had:

A recent oil and filter.

The chain on it is good, but the seller chucked in a new one still in the wrapper.

new tyres

Braided hoses front and rear

An SP Engineering end-can fitted at the factory in Frome.

Needs a sodding good clean, and the top fairing is broken, but other than that and the usual wear and tear.

Too good to break.

Ya I never liked a kit that had drill n bits in it,normaly just new needles and jets,, didnt know that the exup 1000 kit requierd drilling I always stay clear of the "tuneing Kits ' that need that type of work for the same reason. Just cause they work in Callifornia dosent mean they work in Canada or GB

Dam you could sell the chain alone and get almost 1/3 of your cash back the guy must have been hurting for cash. O well his loss is your gain

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online