Britten IOM 20 years ago

drewpy
This post is 3924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

see that suspension move.

This was before we had shake cam technology, so an amazingly stable chassis.

Rides it comparatively slowly compared to today's bikes, but Tyre tech has moved on so much

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No way that cam wasn't on some sot of steady/dampner.If I recall correctly he built that bike and it was the only one so if it got wrecked game over and he wanted to be able to pass certification to race in another series.His styling led to what we seen years later from the japs sv 1000r ring a bell?

Britton and Buels 750 2t are what realy inspired me to learn as much as I could about fabricating at home as a young lad.Most dont know that buel made his own eng before hooking up with hardly. Had Honda not been hell bent to eliminate the 2ts from gp we would see bikes in the 1000cc range with a 2t motor

The new artic act m8000 a 799 cc 2t eng making 160+hp FIhttp://ca.arcticcat.com/snow/sled/M8000 motor in a bike chassis just the thought makes me gigle.

by then , Britten had a sponsor and had about 5 bikes.

The course take 5 years to learn, going 150mph in a blind bend would certainly get the bowels moving

Christ Drewpy 150 mph in a straight line get's my bowels moving even thinking about going round corners at that speed just makes me shake my head and hide under the pillow.

just seen "Charge" about the first GPX electric bikes and team czycs.

the first year they did 99mph

the second year 133 mph

the biggest exponent was an eccentric brit called Cedric Lynch who formed a company based on his electric motor and then the company sacked him :shakeno:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online