Yamaha LS3. Earthing single wire indicator (turn singals)

stevearama
This post is 3844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I'm rebuilding my 1972 Yamaha 100 LS3. I've had the frame painted and the painted parts repainted. I'll post some pics at some point.

I'm putting the electrics back together and I'm coming up with a problem with the front indicators.

The indicators are single wire and as the fork ears have been freshly painted, I don't know how to earth the indicators so they'll work? The rear ones are fine because they mount to the frame and the so the bolt thread allows the indicator to earth.

Do I need to scratch the fork ear so that the indicator will make contact with the metal and earth? or is there a better way.

I just didn't want to scratch my beautiful fork ears unless it was necessary.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know some of the earlier Yamaha's used a ring terminal that fitted under the indicator retaining nut/washers on the inside of the headlamp shell and a "Male" bullet the other end to plug into a Black Earth wire in the loom like this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Yamaha-Wire-Earth-Lead-842-83571-00-/120487908777?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c0da395a9#ht_508wt_721

Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online