dt125 fitting a dt200 or wr head

n!ck
This post is 6346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

im new to the forum looked on here a few times i have owned loads of yamaha dt125's i am currently building one with a friend and was wondering how easy the wr200 engine or dt200 engine fits into the dt125 any replys would be greatly apreciated my bike is y reg and what year of dt200 or wr200 engine i would need

i have full dep system on my bike will i need to up the jets and if so what size?

thx n!ck :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have carried out an engine swap, 100cc in to a 50cc frame. I just used the carbuerettor from the orignal 100cc engine. I don't think you would be able to get the bike to run properly by just up jetting the orignal carb.

Greg

• 8 months later...

I've heard a bit about this conversion. From what I'm told, the cylinder and head are a direct swap but you would have to up the jetting slightly and also advance the oil pump to suit. Assuming the bike is properly derestricted, I'd start with a 270-280 main jet and work from there. I don't know the size of the pilot jet offhand so you'll need to strip the carb and note this. Go to next size up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online