DT125re handlebars

This post is 3941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi basically I want to make my DT a bit more colourful because at the moment its full back with some grey bits. Anyway I was thinking of changing the handlebars but I don't know which ones fit, I was gonna get these ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENTHAL-7-8-STANDARD-MOTOCROSS-ENDURO-HANDLEBARS-/221029505509?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item33766299e5

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As long as your bars are 7/8 inch then any of the bars listed will fit (I belive all yam bars are 7/8) RC bars are for shorter riders (rc =Ricky Carmikle AKA The GOAT) so depending on how tall you are and long your arms are then pick the ones by the demention chart that will fit you.IE if you find that sitting on the bike it's a bit of a reach to the bars then get the one with the most pull back.For a average rider of 5'11" then the standard enduro bar work fine for taller riders then the enduro tall .

So sit on the bike make a fist and if your more comfortable with you hands above the grips,or behind then pick accordingly.

About keeping it stock then just paint the stock bars you can always paint them black again,honestly though I dont think that anyone would care,infact renthal bars would add value to the bike they are so strong about 10x than stock,most crashes that would bend stock bars wont affect the renthals.In the mx class alot of companys are adding them stock.

• Like 1

Thats a confusing answer!

Spraying the original bar keeps the original part and replacing with aftermarket stuff doent.

Yh sorry didnt mean it like that, I meant keep all the original parts separate so if I come to sell it would be a plus to the buyer.

As long as your bars are 7/8 inch then any of the bars listed will fit (I belive all yam bars are 7/8) RC bars are for shorter riders (rc =Ricky Carmikle AKA The GOAT) so depending on how tall you are and long your arms are then pick the ones by the demention chart that will fit you.IE if you find that sitting on the bike it's a bit of a reach to the bars then get the one with the most pull back.For a average rider of 5'11" then the standard enduro bar work fine for taller riders then the enduro tall .

So sit on the bike make a fist and if your more comfortable with you hands above the grips,or behind then pick accordingly.

About keeping it stock then just paint the stock bars you can always paint them black again,honestly though I dont think that anyone would care,infact renthal bars would add value to the bike they are so strong about 10x than stock,most crashes that would bend stock bars wont affect the renthals.In the mx class alot of companys are adding them stock.

Thanks very much, helped a lot :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online