tzr125r

blackie
This post is 6672 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have just bought a tzr 125 r import. its a bit tatty & had some fairing damage.it runs ok but seems to lack its full power, especially uphill.any ideas & restriction tips.?also it leaks oil ? from cylinder head near exhaust port.checked spark plug no oily deposits looks healthy firins.havint checked if need decokin.electric rev counter doesnt work.leaks oil by gear selector seal when going into 1st gear selector can be pushed a bit to far down.interested about any info about tzr125r or advice wish could get manual for it.does any yamaha use the same engine.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It doesn;t sound too bad.

Leaky seal by the gear selector is common, easy fix.

Tacho isn't too hard either. Check all the wires where htey connect into the clock. If not this then try another. Should be able to get some help for this from another friendly menmber.

Leaky oil from Exhausts sounds like exhaust seals, again no major sweats here. Very common on 2 stroke engines.

My DT 125R has the same leaky gear selector seal, but i recon the previous owner ran it without oil and i have a knocking in first gear, not too bad its gone in second, but does anyone know why it knocks ?? is it the bush or bearing that holds the gears on the gear box casing gone and its rubbing under the pressure of first gear.

Paul

Edited by paulmould

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online