1969 L2G 100cc

sloth_boy
This post is 3473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone!

After quite some time I have just been re-bitten by the bug to start working on my bike again. She is a 1969 L2G which is a 100cc 2-stroke single (very similar to the YL2 street model). I've had a search on this forum for this particular model but haven't had much luck finding any information. I purchased this bike 2 years ago from a guy that had just started to restore it, but lost interest (he was a mazda rotary enthusiast). The bike was a barn find and was really rough when I got it. I removed a large dint from the tank and resprayed it as close to the original colour as I could (damn yamaha not releasing paint codes) and painted the headlight and fork covers. Other new parts include; indicator lenses, tank badges, clutch side lever, points, tyres, cables, battery side cover (rare as hens teeth) and chain guard. I also picked up an original manual for her and got some repro decals.

Does anyone else here own one or have any information?

Here are some pics. She's a bit rough at the moment...lxmn.jpghe1i.jpg0xt9.jpg

Anyway, nice to meet you all in advance. Look forward to hearing from you

-Reg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Love the bike! :wub:

Great story Reg" you can see the shape of the FS1E sixteener Special [sS50] in this predecessor . :yeah:

Mighty rare bike there,, :headbang:

• 1 year later...

Hi Sloth-boy I have just purchased the exact same bike in about the same condition and colour, I am curious to hear how your restoration went and what information you were able to get on it. It seems you are in Oz as well.

Hope to hear from you .

Gibbois.

Gibbois, this thread is 2 years old, start a new thread and let others add to it don't rake up old threads as they are done and dusted, unlikely anyone will bother to reply to an old thread, look at the time/date stamp BEFORE you add anything.

I see this is your first message on the site, it's usual to do an INTRO in the new members section, if you would that would be great, welcome to the YOC by the way and hope you stick around. :jossun:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online