Project twist and no go???

Noise
This post is 3786 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well after the abuse from Tommy here is the thread on the little 50cc scooter i picked up on Wednesday for £35, i only took three photos of it last night as i was doing the forks on Betty as well so i will get some more pics later tonight for you all.

She is a Peugeot Trekker 50 in black and red with a shit load of mud and moss (yes i did say moss) got 24k on the clock no tax or MOT and so far ive not come across the keys, and when i asked him if he had them he said yes........some where in that pile.

Plan of action is to get this tarted up as best i can with a budget of £100 and then sell it on for a profit (as best i can) so i can put some money into Betty.

Here is the engine.......well........if you can call some thing you lift in one arm and fits nicely onto the computer table in your shed an engine

DSC_0387_zpsd4e284ca.jpg

Bit of Moss??

DSC_0388_zpsda47e662.jpg

And as you can see the paint aint great at the moment

DSC_0389_zps398f6738.jpg

Lets get going :headbang:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Okay so it looks like the usual 16 year olds first bike that has sat out in all weathers and never had a moments attention and then he no doubt blamed it for not working properly after he had abused it for 12 months. You did say he was your typical spotty teen Noise. Should come together ok once you have killed the foliage and got the spiders out of the carb.

Yer it's dinky, can pick it up with one hand

AW it such a cute little thing hahaha.Cool vice a old no7 jack D striking pad.

I hope the body work looks a bit better what the thing worth realisticaly when done?

AW it such a cute little thing hahaha.Cool vice a old no7 jack D striking pad.

I hope the body work looks a bit better what the thing worth realisticaly when done?

Yer its a nice 15kg vice i got from work, one of the "office" folk was told to order a small vice to go on a pillar drill........ :crazy: ...........hmm this one you need two hands and the old Frank spencer "Bend the Knees Betty!!" walk just to move the thing. JD strike pad is just a beer mat the i glued on so a bit of bling, and its quite good at keeping small items stable when correcting with a hammer ;)

Yer im hoping to have a little bit of fun with it whilst buildign it and then once its built but the quicker i get it out my way the better i think.

Still not found the pissing keys tho :madflame:

have fun with that, I did an SR50 for a friend. I got it to do 45 and wasn't run in either.

Amazing little engines,, :thumb: , to think An M5 bmw with 100x the horsepower, only does 3 x the speed,, :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

good luck with it, you shed is very tidy, I cant even get into mine lol

Yer every thing in my shed has its own little space. Well this little bike is going on Ebay when i get the chance and selling it on as parts or as a whole bike. Ive been looking over things and its gunna cost me more than what i want to spend on it so as long as i get my £35 back for it then im happy :biglaugha:

• 2 weeks later...

Mate the Aprilia SR50 was a feat or PURE INGENUITY. The later ones ran fuel injection on a two stroke. Okay it was an utter failure but still class! If Aprilia sorted that out we would be in a completely different world right now!

My mate had a trekker. Slow as shıt but a good little bike. I like the idea of buying something for £35 and spending as little as possible on it. Is it possible. Surely your costs will just escalate?

Well ive not touched the bladdy thing for weeks as im more into my bobber and im toying with the idea of just getting shot of it as its in my way. It needs new forks (£50) plus other bits and bobs so its looks like it will cost me about £150 to get it up and running again. still not found the keys so a new barrel or key needs cutting.

Or i could just stick it in storage and see if i can do this with it over the years????????

They take protective gear seriously. :icon_eek:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online