Tail tidy's

Grouch
This post is 3932 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Do I have to mess about with the wiring etc? It might turn out to be more trouble than it's worth.

shouldnt have to, for indicators/number plate ligh you should be able to follow the cables up to where they are plugged in in the tail. unplug, put through to the tailtidy then re plug in. noticed on my new yammy that the inicators have plugges right there so you might just be able to unplug them at the indicators.

but why fix it if its not broken ;)

I put a tail tidy on my brand new xj6. I have between nil and zero mechanical qualifications and have not worked on a motorcycle ever and had the job done in a couple of hours. Well most of the time was taken up trying to make the led plate light work that was kaput in the first place, cue new plate light in post. Then i screwed through a posi' wire and blew about 6 fixes before i tracked it down and eventually sorted it. But defo worth it and an easyish job to do - the most complicated part is running wires :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online