DTR 125 back light failure

Barnzy
This post is 3952 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Just bought a DTR 125 , the brake light works when pressed however the back light does not work so cant ride it in the dark , sorry if this is a noob question but there is only one bulb in there im assuming because it has two thin wires and one of them may be faulty, any advice please

going to halfords soon to source a bulb to see if this works

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, if you only have one bulb then it's a STOP/TAIL light bulb, just make sure you get the right one, if in doubt take the bulb with you when you go shopping !!!

Ok i have replaced the bulb and still the tail light is niot working just the brake light, not sure where to go from here, i will take the full light apart when i finish work i have a feeling it must be the electrics, also when i apply the front brake the brake light goes on, im pretty sure the light should only go on when using the back brake

Both front and back should operate the light. Check all your earth points are clean. Double check the wire is connected at your switch.

When I had light issues it was the earth wires.

As Andrew says, check the EARTH wires and make sure they are clean, take them off and clean under them that's where you get the contact, give them a squirt of oil/grease as well to keep the crud out, check the wires that run under the seat, should be a couple to the indicators and a couple to the rear light clean all the connectors, if you have a multimeter then use that to check to see if the wires are broken or if the power is getting to the bulb holder, call back when you have done all that if it's still not working.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online