Finally on the road

ribrob
This post is 3952 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys

Well I picked up my new YBR 125 on friday and I love it! Its great to finally be on the road with 2 wheels. And every day has been a new experiance for me. Still keep finding NEUTRAL every now and then when I take off which was a bit scary but im getting better. The Bike is lovely though really nice ride and very easy to ride too. Just need to get the mile in and keep learning.

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good one Rob, enjoy it. The YBR can be a little funky with 1st to 2nd - however, from experience mine was fine after the initial service.

As a result, I can only suggest that you run it in properly, and make sure you get that first service done. I've seen many people complain about it falling into neutral, but I'd question whether they (or the bikes previous owner) ran it in properly.

If, during that run-in period you find yourself pulling away from lights and struggling with 2nd, I personally found that bringing it up to 7000rpm then changing into 2nd got around the whole false neutral.

But as said, if yours is like mine, after that service the gearbox should be lovely. They are great little bikes so enjoy yourself out there and stay safe.

Good one Rob, enjoy it. The YBR can be a little funky with 1st to 2nd - however, from experience mine was fine after the initial service.

As a result, I can only suggest that you run it in properly, and make sure you get that first service done. I've seen many people complain about it falling into neutral, but I'd question whether they (or the bikes previous owner) ran it in properly.

If, during that run-in period you find yourself pulling away from lights and struggling with 2nd, I personally found that bringing it up to 7000rpm then changing into 2nd got around the whole false neutral.

But as said, if yours is like mine, after that service the gearbox should be lovely. They are great little bikes so enjoy yourself out there and stay safe.

thanks bippo, yes Im running it in keeping it under 5500 rpm until the first service which the dealer advised me to do. The initial service will be due after 600 miles and i will definitely be getting it done.

Give it a good firm upshift from first, you"l just go to second , as 3rd cant be selected till you let shifter go, glad your enjoying it.. gets better in summer, :jossun:

We all do the false Neutral thing occasionally, even those of us who have been riding a good while.

Really confusing when it's ben so long you forget what the sound means, ha ha!!

I got a couple of months of riding in before winter came here, I'm a complete newbie rider and I was hitting neutral quite a bit in my first few weeks....but during the last few weeks I didn't hit it once (unless I wanted to!) - it all comes with practice and experience. Just take it easy out there and get to know your bike, and watch out for blind cagers!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online