XT125X CHOKE CABLE

nigel smith
This post is 3808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I have a little bit of a problem my choke has stuck on so when the bike warms up it stalls. It is stuck at the carb end the inner wire is free at the lever. i have consulted the haynes manual and you have to remove the tank seat and panels to get to the carb. any ideas for a quick fix as i am at work during daylight hours and dont want it out of action till the weekend if possible.

cheers

nigel :madflame:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i could never get to the carb without taking off the seat, tank panels, then the tank. :glare:

it's a pain but only about ten bolts have to come out. two on seat , about 6 on tank panels and 3 on tank if i remember correctly. but it's been a while since i did it last.

Yeah Nigel it's a complete ballache you have to take the seat and panels off, it's tight as well. Hopefully all the bolts and screws will come out without any problems. Good luck mate.

hi all

right i got to the carb and found the choke plunger stuck fast and the tab where the cable fits broken off. i had to drill the plunger and use a screw to pull it out, now for the best bit....... i got on the phone to order a new plunger it comes with the spring and nut and is called a "starter kit" my first words were " how f**king much"

go on without checking have a guess ??

nigel

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online