new to forum

madrevs
This post is 3959 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi new to the forum just purchased a 2003 yanaha dtr125 its a bit rough round the edges but roadworthy this is what ive done to it so far

New clutch cable

Stripped and cleaned rear caliper was binding

Made new rh side powervalve cover as was missing until I can find secondhand replacement

New exhaust gasket as was blowing (blowing from rubber connector now).

Ordered new mixture screw as old one had snapped and was forced in the hole causing no tickover

New sparkplug

New battery

Repaired clock illumination wiring

Things still to do

Fix indys as flashing rapidly

Fit new mixture screw when it arrives

Source and fit standard headlight and fairing (polisport one fitted at the mo but leaves wires exposed and has ba20d bulb fitment)

Fit new temp sensor

Source andcreplace plastics as current ones are tatty.

Find where the blue wire with red stripe plugs into behind headlight

Lots to keep me busy lol so will probably need a bit of advice along the way

The bike goes like stink abd has the powervalve motor fitted and dep exhaust

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:wavey: Welcome to the YOC. Sounds like you've been busy.

Thanks while oil was draining removed the left panel ro see what was behind it.found the expansion tank which is filthy also someone decided to use a sports bottle cap like you get on bottled water as a cap for the tank lol.might have ro find a replacement bottle and cap also water in rad is a nice clean blue colour wheres water in expansion bottle is clear does this mean the two connected systwms arent mixing will this cause me any problems

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online