Yamaha XVS 125 Dragstar spark plugs

CindyChase
This post is 3774 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys n gurls Im Cindy 26 yrs old in UK thought Id reg here as heard its a fountain of info and well worth it!

My draggy is running on 2 different spark plugs which suprised me bc I know and was expecting x2 CR7 HSA plugs to come out when I done her first change since owning her but I removed x1 CR7 HSA ( rear cylinder ) and x1 DR6 HS ( front cylinder ) I noticed that the front cyl has had its spark plug hole bored to only accept rhe D plug which is a bit annoying as bought from a dealer in summer who said everything was A OK with her grrr

Bike was running and still running like a dream but I wanted to know will running on these diff plugs do any damage to my engine? When I removed them both plugs were black and dry so should I take that as a good sign they both in same condition?

Any advice tips info would be awesome sauce ^_^

Thanks for reading

Cindy x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if the spark plug have the same gap (I hope gap is the corect word) will be ok. anyway, I hope you will get a better answer from a guy who speak english better than me :)

The only difference between them is the thread diameter, they both have the same heat range and specs. They will work the same. At a guess I would say a previous owner or mechanic stripped the thread on the head and fixed it by cutting a new thread hence requiring the bigger plug.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like someone shagged the threads at some point and had it bored and re-tapped slightly wider. I had the same thing happen to me after I bought mine, the threads were knackered so I had it helicoiled.

Try iridium tipped plugs by the way - I've got some in mine and they're awesome!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I have electric problem, my dragstar overcharge my battery, I checked when light is switch on and my battery on full open t'm hrottle is getting around 19.5V, so I'm looking for some advice and perhaps someone have manual in pdf which I can used to fix it????

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online