Matte paint care

lauragilmour
This post is 3962 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A little unsure as of where to post this, do hopefully it's in the right place, sorry if it's not!!

Basically I'm waiting for my back to come back from the workshop where it's getting a new paint job, it's in a totally matte colour. I've done a little research but never really found an answer but my question is what can I use to protect and clean the bike? I've heard of using Windex and washing up liquid but apparently harsh on the paint.

I want to keep the bike looking new and keep the paint in good condition, any tips, advice would be fab!

(And sorry for the rambling!)

Laura

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd look at Motorex 645 clean and protect. recommended on matt Triumph surfaces

It won't leave it totally matt but a satin

WD40 after washing it with some auto glym. Beware tho, do not spill petrol on the tank, where matte paint is rough the petrol soaks in like it's a sponge and will take the paint off.

Wash with standard car wash stuff, autoglym etc

Plenty of cold water, under fenders/swingarm etc

dont use a pressure washer

Dry off

apply ACF50 all over, can apply with cloth/brush/spray, use sparingly, a little goes a looooooong way

DONT GET IT ON BRAKE DISCS/PADS/SHOES, and be careful as it "creeps"

Dont worry about the smoke when you start up

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online