82 yamaha xt125 carb probs

harleyrider271
This post is 3965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a big prob . i bought a 82 yamaha xt125 and it sat for about 15 years or so. i shot alittle gas into the carb and it fired right up for a sec till it burned up the gas. so i know its a good bike and will run good but the prob i have is when i took off the carb to clean it it was so bad from sitting that everything was stuck the float pin was stuck and while i was trying to remove it the brace the the pin slides through broke off the carb. now i need a new carb which i dont think this carb was fixable in the first place. but once i started looking for a new carb i found out that they have been discontinued and ebay and everywhere i look has no carb for this bike and trust me i have looked for two days.. if i knew that i would have been alittle more gental with the old carb but i was certain i was going to buy a new one so now i have a bike without a carb.. and i was wondering if anyone at all has a old xt125 laying around for parts if i could buy the carb from you?? or if someone could please tell me where i can buy one of these carbs at and where to look.. i mean i found carbs all over ebay for 60's and 70's model bikes and this one is an 82 and cant find one carb.. its crazy. please help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you have only looked for 2 days then you haven't looked, old bikes take time and patience, you just have to keep looking and wait for it to turn up, it's a bit like waiting for a bus none at all then 3 turn up at once. One other thing mate it's usual to do an INTRO in the new members section before you start to ask strangers for advice, we like to get to know you before most folks will tell you "how to" as it were. Welcome to the YOC by the way and we hope you stick around, we get A LOT of one hit wonders on here so try to be a member of the family. Also an intro get's read more often than the WORKSHOP section as most people like to say Hi to noobs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online