Possibly picking up another FZ600

feliks
This post is 3842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Going to look at an 88 FZ600 today, this time for my brother in law. Once he saw my bike, it brought back memories of when he used to own the EXACT same bike, but with the white, original paint. Mine is black... but I found an original one and showed him, he's out of the province working so I'm going to pick it up for him today. :D

$_20.JPG

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, got it! :)

It's not for me, this is my brother in law, it's the same bike he had when he was in his 20's (he's 40 now). Same colour scheme...great condition for the year...it has a few problems but nothing that can't be fixed!

Here she is, didn't offload it tonight because it was late and snowing when I got home and the wife didn't want to help.... lol

10814704613_726440e921_c.jpg

Pretty bike, the slab sides are a bit much but what ever floats your boat, hope he enjoys it. Please tell him he's not a power ranger Feliks nor is he immortal. Most of the "OOP'S in the bushes" riders are those who used to ride and forget that 20 odd years have gone by and they are not as young as they used to be.

He's been riding off and on for the last 20 years...it's not like he took a 20 year break. :D

It's funny that he didn't tell his wife that I got the bike for him, I just posted a picture on facebook and tagged him, that's how she found out.... Lol! Hopefully I'm not contributing to a divorce or something..... :D

Your sister is going to get her own back you know !!!!! Just you wait to see what your Christmas present is DOG TURD and red ribbon is my guess. :bawling::tantrum::rofl:

If ya don't mind what did you get it for,it looks good,i too am from the slab gen my 86 fz 6 and 85 gsxr 750 both bikes were great and I kinda still like the slabe look. And fox eyes are still cool to me

Paid $700 for it, was asking $900 but it wasn't starting when I showed up, so it was priced accordingly. Drained the gas from the carbs, put fresh gas and spark plugs, started right up.

I would say you got a great deal on it then,how many kms, where'd you find it KIJIJI or bay

Found it on Kijiji, in Niagara Falls. The odometer says 25k kms, but the speedometer is broken...and who knows how long ago it broke, so the kms are unknown really. It is in nice shape for the year, but it has more rust than mine does, must have been stored outside or something.

It needs a new ignition key switch, oil filter gasket and some new spark plug wires at least, just from my newb observations....so it's not perfect, but it is 25 years old!

All quite minnor stuff then,the body work is worth what you paid for the bike alone, in parts it worth at least 2 k I know you got it for your brolaw but the fact that it has original body work/paint makes it much more valuable than yours to a collector.Are you sure you don't want to sell him yours and keep this one I would

Mine's in better shape overall....the motor, brakes, chassis.....but I do like the original graphics! The fairings are cracked in a couple spots too so it's going to need some repair. Mine won't be staying all black, I'm going to do something with it over winter. I'm a graphic designer / artist by trade so hopefully I can come up with something cool that fits the bike.

I actually noticed the back rotor had a couple cracks in it, just from the vents to the outside in a couple spots...so he'll need a new one of those too! Little stuff adding up...but at least parts aren't too expensive for these old FZ's

Here's a video...hard to see the cracks but it runs pretty good! Well it did.....but it's doing the same thing with the petcock letting fuel pass when the bike is off....so it's got gas in the oil now too! But..here's the video when it WAS running. :D

LMAO if he or anyone thinks they are going to ride.. that bike with that exhaust on the stret without getting pulled by the cops ..most likely pushing 150 DBA,still not a bad find .. now that I have seen it better i dont think I would have gone 700 more like 5 .BWTH its winter so lots of time to fix er up

Exhaust is on it now...it slipped over the end of the pipe, just needs to get welded up. :D I don't understand why you'd want your bike to be louder anyway....more cops notice you. Loud pipes don't save lives, loud pipes annoy you on a sunday afternoon while your fishing. Cagers have their windows up and music playing so loud pipes are quite pointless I think.

Dont weld it up ,if you do,, that will be the first place it rust's,,,just clamp it with a band/sleeve type clamp.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online