Xv535 first timr on a cruiser allways had sports bikes

ziggy975
This post is 3885 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There's a reason Cruisers are so popular! ;)

Yer the geomitary geomecry the space between the wheels. and the mathamatical equations that result in instant death when attempting a corner that needs the rider to lean over slightly

Glad you have found a bike you like, take no notice of NOISE he's having a go about something someone else said on here and your not to worry about it !!! Noise BEHAVE !!!!!!! :shakeno:

Nah, Noisy's more just taking the piss out of said threads!! :lol:

The 535 is a good bike, especially for shorter riders and those starting out. They're pretty popular even today and I almost had one myself. There is a bit of polarisation between Cruiser fans who like it and those who don't, but at the end of the day if YOU like it then that is the most valid opinion around and the only one that matters!!

Somewhere there's a thread with a LOOOOOOONG post from me about the differences (in my experience) between riding other bikes and coming to a Cruiser. Might have some useful/interesting info for you. I might have even made that one entertaining to read!

Sorry I had to, ziggy, im sorry to say buy I'm not a lover of the 535 but as it has two wheels and a motor Im glad your happy with it dude. Some have been made into works of art.

I used to turn my nose up at cruisers and inparticular the Harleys. I have always had road or trail bikes. I found that as I got older the aches and pains increased. I found throwing my leg over to mount, became a problem and bending the knee for even a short time on a sports bike also was painfull. I gave up bikes for a time until my son brought home am XVS650 classic and I found it quite comfortable to get on and ride. I am now a happy 650 owner myself. It is big enough for me to get the pleasure of riding, low enought to lift my leg over, and don't need to bend my knees too much. I now enjoy my cruiser and have a different out look on them. I do however find cornering hard to get used to. Still scrape the floor boards on tight turns ie. small round abouts, but am getting better. Enjoy your cruiser and Yes maybe you are showing your age. I am and enjoying it anyway.

Bam:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online