Neutral light on sr

lauragilmour
This post is 3883 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help, basically my bike neutral light never goes off, it's always on and my thoughts are a damaged cable however looking I haven't got a clue how to get to the cable it's a sr and would really appreciate help

Posted Image

Posted Image

There isn't anyway to open it up and access cables or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pretty sure there is a way of getting into it, it's usually on the back of the unit you will find some screws that you take out and then pull it apart, you have to remove the whole thing I would imagine from the bike to do this. Are you sure the fault is in the unit? I would look at the gear change end of the wiring first to make sure that the sensor that activates the neural light is working before I took he dials apart, just my thoughts on it you understand not saying I'm right.

You can get access into the 'dash' but to be honest that will only get you to the bulb holders. Check out the cables as Slice said first. Pm me if you still need to get in. I have gained access to it myself just can't remember exactly how without looking!

I've just had a quick look and I think if I remember correctly I had to remove the whole of the headlamp and its casing to get acces to 2 10mm nuts,1 either side underneath the 'dash'. They were a bugger to get to and even harder to put back!! I think it is unlikely that the wires there are shorting causing the bulb to constantly lit and is more likely to be shorting near the gear box - possibly at the side stand where there is a deadman switch connected to cut the engine if you out her in gear with it down.

Now that's a result !!! Nice one. :hyper:

• Like 1