In Search of the Moto Exhibition.......

Pete
This post is 6676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....somewhere near Cartagena!

I'd seen posters advertising this event but I couldn't make any sense of the directions. So I thought....no problem, just get into Cartagena and follow the bikes! However I was wrong!

I get into Cartagena, and the only thing I can see are scooters! Oh....and a bike up a wall! :lol:

maz1.jpg

So I keep going and I find a Ninja in front of me....so I start following him! Cos he must be going to the Moto Exhibition surely?

However, this dipshit thinks I want to race him through the centre of Cartagena! So he's riding like a Twat trying to lose me.....and try as he may, he couldn't shake off the XT! Every bit of straight he'd pull away, and every roundabout I was with him again. In the end, he jumped a red light and nearly got T-boned by traffic crossing....all to get away from me!

So tonight in Cartagena a Spanish squid is telling all and sundry how he nearly got killed on his ZX6-R burning off a 15 year old 30bhp enduro ridden by an old bloke in his 50's!

And all I wanted was directions to the Moto Exhibition! :ct:

So I ride around a bit more, and come up behind about 15 bikes....sports, standards, cruisers etc. Cos over here people just ride together irrespective of machine type!

So I think....they must be going to the Moto Exhibition! Let's join in with them! So off we went!

However, after about 25 miles of country roads, I began to suspect that perhaps they were not going to the Moto Exhibition!

My suspicions were confirmed when they all pulled into somebody's driveway leading to some luxury villa! :lol:

So I kept going....fuck knows where....then I found this!

xts44.jpg

maz4.jpg

I carried on regardless, and was way up in the mountains....somewhere! And it was getting cold, so I was busting for a piss!

So off I go up a trail....

xts43.jpg

I go about half a mile, find a deserted spot....and leap off to piss!

And as I'm pissing in the middle of nowhere, along comes a fucking German rambler! :thud:

Please note the piss behind the rear wheel! :lol:

xts42.jpg

I then follow the trail for a few miles....

maz3.jpg

....and eventually get back to the main road! About 5 miles later, things start looking more pleasant!

xts38.jpg

I ride along the coastal path....and look at the colour of that sea! No condoms or sewerage in there....I think! :unsure:

xts40.jpg

xts41.jpg

I take a look at the signs and it appears I'm in Mazarron! A few more miles and I'd have crossed into the Almeria province of Andalucia! :ct:

maz2.jpg

I turn round and head back along the coastal road, and after about 30 miles I'm back in Cartagena! Still no Moto Exhibition though! :(

Time for coffee.....

xts45.jpg

There was another bike there, but I had a feeling it wasn't headed to the Moto Exhibition though!

maz5.jpg

I sat outside the cafe leering at young Spanish bimbos while the XT looked super cool (and dusty) at the side of the harbour! B)

xts46.jpg

A strange day really....I took the XT cos I was only planning on doing about 20 miles, and I ended up doing nearly a 100.

And the Moto Exhibition? Fuck the Moto Exhibition! :thud:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Another day out for you then mate to make us envy over... are you ever going to get a job! :o

Another day out for you then mate to make us envy over... are you ever going to get a job! :o

Gotta buy a house first Alex....and that could be anywhere in Spain.

So I can't do anything definite yet....though I have been doing a few odds and ends in my mates computer business.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online