XT250 Airscrew

mcferreira100
This post is 3626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok I give up..where are the XT experts out there? Looked up and down the manual but can`t find something relating to carb airscrew adjuster. Have to ask where is this adjusting screw. Idling ok but the bike is missing like crazy soon as revs pick up. I still plan to give it a good service but thought would check air adjustment so long. I`ve noticed a large screw under the throttle body of the carb on left side..is this it..and what is the spec?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Posted on the other site but yes the large screw at the bottom of the carbhe

one you cant get to for burning your fingers on the exhaust is the air mixture screw.

One important thing is the make sure the o ring between the bowl and the main
carb body is good and not missing, also worth checking that the fuel pump is
working and the diaphragm is OK.

Sounds like it running week if its missing at high rpm.

TTB

I see the pump sits at the bottom of the carb(very different to the 500). The previous owner tells me he had this carb overhauled by somebody so I would think it shouldn`t look too bad inside. But I have noticed this dodgy looking piece of wire to the pump..I see it actuates the arm..surely this is not right and can be causing issues?

rw56.jpg

I see this is what it should look like..the whole rod assembly is missing.

hu0.png

Yes there is a fair bit missing , this is what it should look like.

DSC_1630.jpg

TTB

It looks like its an adjustable rod. Are there settings for it in the manual?

Almost certainly will be a table of settings in the manual, usually under the TUNING heading, best you can do is have a look on Google and see if there is anything online that can help you out. You might be lucky and find a PDF file that you can download or sort through.

So I`m wondering how come the 250 had this accelerator pump on it but not the 500? These bikes were from same era.

The later XT and most of euro models had pumper carbs , US model was 80 or 81 onwards for the pumper carb.

TTB

• 6 months later...

Anybody know the setting for the air mixture screw?..can`t find it in the manual.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online