various questions (newbie)

gavstaa
This post is 3978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all im Gav im new to this and fairly new to the bike scene, I have a yamaha dt 125 would say between 1990 & 1998 not to sure, but I have. few questionsthatI cant work out myself

1st, the bike hasnt been run in a while and I fitted a new carb to it today had just got it started when I noticed there was a milky brown liquid dripping from around the gearbok area aby ideas?

2nd the 2 stroke tank is under the seat and connected to it is another tank which I think is coolant bu thad no pipes connected so does it need connecting to something? as there is already a radiator on the front with water in.

3rd after fitting the new carb I noticed 2 clear tubes coming off the bottom of the carb but couldn'tfind what they connect to,

4th the throttle got stuck on when I started it and revved the nuts off it as it doesmt have a cut off switch so turned the peteol off and had to wait.for it to stop think its needs lubricating a bit,

any help welcome thanks everyone

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and Welcome to the YOC, it's usual to do an INTRO (new members section) before you ask a question or in your case several (lol) do you have a manual for your bike? that is always a good place to start and saves you from asking simple obvious questions, they are obvious once you have a manual !!! We like new folks to join in and it keeps us on our toes answering questions but imagine if you would that we are strangers to you and you are a stranger to us if you walked up to a bunch of guys in the pub and started asking questions without saying "Hi" first they might not be to happy about your style !! Buy the manual first and read it.

Looked back at this post and decided that I had been a bit blunt when I had not intended that, so MILKY brown liquid is not normal you might have oil contaminated with water or moisture, change the oil. Next Q2 you need the manual to tell you what pipe goes where, sorry that's how it is. Q3 read Q2. Not sure if your bike should have a cut off switch but I would fit one, also check the throttle/twist grip to see why it's jammed or jamming could be a couple of things 1 broken frayed cable (renew) or at the carb end might be jamming in the throttle itself just needs to have some lube put on it to free it up but READ THE MANUAL.

ok thank you for your reply slice :) any ideas where I can get a manual as it I an old dt with drum front and back, just took the front sprocket cover off to find that there is a pipe above the sprocket thats where the milky substance is coming from im not sure if its meant to drip on to the spricket or not.

I would suggest you try EBAY first if not them then just Google it. Some one on here might have a spare so bung an advert in the wanted section and see what happens, the pipe might be an overflow from the engine it is just probably bunged up so if you can get it off try giving it a good clean first to see if that makes it better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online