battery or not to battery?

Noise
This post is 3839 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right after Work today I topped up the oil, put the carbs on and the wiring loom and strapped the motor to the work mate. Stuck the battery on charge and went to karate for 3 hours. Just got Home and charger says it's charged so plugged it all in and took spark plugs out and tried turning her over.

NOTHING.

All I'm getting is the starter relay clicking like mad and the starter motor trying to turn. Engine turns fine by hand so not fucked.

You guys think I need a new battery, starter motor or starter relay?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Narrows it down then ha ha.

May just start with the battery.

can you not test the starter motor itself using a known good battery? O.o

worked on the SR project i had, if you have 12v at the terminals on the battery you should atleast get an attempt at the engine turning.

Well, are you getting spark? Fuel?

*edit, nevermind... I see it won't even turn over. Is it hydrolocked? I know my engine was having a hell of a time trying to turn over when there was gas in the engine.... oh. Wait... nevermind. If you have the sparkplugs out, that shouldn't be a problem.

Carry on then...sorry I can't help. :D

The bike is still going to be sitting for a whlie why not just pull the battery from the car and us it to start the motor,if it dosen't have enough juice then you have other problems

If you have a car handy then connect car battery, via leads, with your old battery still attached and try again if it turns over it's the battery if it don't then starter or relay, SIMPLES!!

Yeah saw that!!!!!!! :jossun:

Problem now solved, stuck new battery in and turned over still nothing. so took the statrer motor out and bench test it, nothing, took it apart and found that id stuck a washer in the wrong way round (twat springs to mind) stuck all back together and jobs a gooden.!

Cheers for the help guys :beerchug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online