New bike - sore hips

dandmr1
This post is 3840 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, have just in the last few days upgraded from a ybr125 to an xj6n and although I'm totally loving it, I'm finding my hips ache and on occasion feel like they are gonna pop out of joint. One guy I work with (also a biker) says it's probs just a settling in thing. And come to think about it had similar issues when I started riding the 125. Any suggestions? man up!, give it time, bulk up you skinny git, Maybe a riding position issue?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there - hope you're enjoying your new bike (minus the sore hips!)

I got my full licence on a Kawasaki ER-6n, and that was quite some adjustment from the YBR. I found that my ankles suffered from the footpeg positioning. Having broken both my ankle and knee on my left leg, it was pretty tough in all honestly.

Bear in mind that the YBR is a very 'neutral' position. A position that is very natural to us all. So any bike that differs will be an adjustment. It's just like sitting in a chair at the end of the day isn't it!

Needless to say, I ended up buying a Triumph Tiger once I passed because leg positioning was just like the YBR!!

When I owned a classic Mini, the seat wouldn't go back far enough for my height (even with with a seat adjustment extender) but I persevered and it became not only the most entertaining, but one of the most comfortable cars I'd driven.

As a result, I'd say stick it out, your body will adjust. My arms did to the wide and far away handlebars of the Tiger. Of course, this is assuming you haven't racked up miles on the XJ already...!

I now have 4000 miles on my Tiger, and so far I've only messed about with the handlebars. Everything else my body is now adjusted to.

Thanks guys. I've only racked up 190 miles so far from new. I figured there would be some getting used to to it involved, but didn't expect hip pain. The 125 was really comfy for short trips and nippy but a total ball ache on longer journeys. Yeah cramp and a lot of aching in the hips involved after longer rides on the xj6, but at least my delicate squishy parts are no longer squished on the big bike

It happens, especially when you have a couple of bikes to ride, you ache in different places.

yes if Dwerp is on his tracker he's a pain in the arse to follow! thought I was behind a jet ski coming home yesterday

if hes on his fz then I get eye strain as he's too far ahead. :razz:

yes if Dwerp is on his tracker he's a pain in the arse to follow! thought I was behind a jet ski coming home yesterday

if hes on his fz then I get eye strain as he's too far ahead. :razz:

sorry Tommy XL thought the wash would do you good.:D

My, it did persist, couldn't see a bloody thing for a mile.

Hey all, have just in the last few days upgraded from a ybr125 to an xj6n and although I'm totally loving it, I'm finding my hips ache and on occasion feel like they are gonna pop out of joint. One guy I work with (also a biker) says it's probs just a settling in thing. And come to think about it had similar issues when I started riding the 125. Any suggestions? man up!, give it time, bulk up you skinny git, Maybe a riding position issue?

Relax the arms and legs/back

I still get achey moments on the FJ if I try and ride it like my Cruiser.

Most of it is just fidgeting around, altering your position and finding what works best for you.

If your going on a long ride maybe try some leg stretches, i tend to get groin pain when riding my bike due to a back injury and stretching helps that before i ride.

best to do it in doors tho as you look like your about to pole vualt over the bike if your doing it next to it ha ha

Christ Andy if I knew you where that cheep I wouldn't have gone for foamy!

Christ Andy if I knew you where that cheep I wouldn't have gone for foamy!

Lol! Business is slow - special YOC discounts!!!

i often get cramp in the old hips, and i have carpel tunnel in my left arm.

a couple of leg stretches on an empty bit of road and and a good hand shake now and then helps,

i say on an empty road because once , when i stopped at the traffic lights some youths with a bat and bottles , in a shitty little nova ,thought i was calling them wankers.

and yes ! it escalated . :razz:

• Like 2

and a good hand shake now and then helps

"Public lewdness??!! No, officer, I was alleviating cramp... honest!! The copy of Readers Wives? Oh... Somebody must have left that there.... umm.... yeah...."

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online