Kreem Tank selant

Noise
This post is 3854 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks,

Well my fuel tank is nearly ready and now i just need to seal it so that it can hold petrol, then i can get it ready for paint.

Has anyone used Kreem 3 part selant before? and anyone know if there is any where you can get it cheeper than £55? so far e-bay is the chepest, i know if you cheep out, you get what you paid for but every little helps and all that.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

use the POR15 stuff from Frost, i think its £38 for the motorcycle kit and so far its like a new tank inside and its ethanol resistant and looks great being silver.

I'v used the kreem several times dried whitish, resistant to eth as well,but you get almost enough if not enought to do that sporty tank 2x. The last tank I did was on a sv1000 sukini and had enought left to do a old xr125 dirt bike tank and a bit left over.

Kinda suprised you have to seal it yourself,are you sure it need doing some of the profesional suff dries clear

Yer gotta do it as they stuck a massive lable on the tank saying its gotta be done before paint, all they have done is coat it in oil in side to stop rusting. tasted horrid when i was blowing inside it to see if i can hear/feel air coming out my welds ha ha (happy to say its all good)

Ya I guess that make sence as it a universal fit and needed tabs to mount.

Make sure you check any date's on the can it only has a short shelf life, be careful of buying it off ebay for that reason

think its only around 12 months but some ebay shops store it longer than that

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online