xj750 maxim exhaust

trikercat
This post is 3990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, does anyone know which exhaust system will fit my xj750 maxim, its a 1982 year imported from usa

the collector box is rotten and im not keen on a 4 into 1

thanks kenny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Kenny, There are loads of systems out there that will fit your bike just pick one and that's it really, a 4 into 1 will be cheaper than the 4 into 2 but it's your bike and your money, you should be able to pick up a collector box from most suppliers if that is all you need, does not matter that it's a US import either as they are all the same. Just sold my Maxim and that had a 900 exhaust on it just took a bit of fettling to get it to fit ok, the 600 exhaust will not fit no matter what you do as the down pipes are completely different. If you go for the 4 into 1 system you do not have to adjust anything like carbs and such as it's comparable to the original system. Hope some of that helps.

PS It's not the done thing to shotgun your question on the site mate, just cos you put it in loads of sections will not get you an answer any quicker. It's also considered polite to say Hi first in the NEW MEMBERS section before you launch into a "how do I fix my bike" question as we are strangers to you and your a stranger to us, it's a bit like turning up at the pub and asking a group of strangers to help you fix your problem without even saying hello, just think what would happen there and apply it here. Your welcome to stick around and get involved but we like to get to know new people first usually, by the way Welcome to the YOC it's always nice to meet new folks.

hi slice, thanks for your reply,

sorry about the intro, im not really into this messaging thing!

i am currenty building a trike from the xj750 (lost my leg 30 years ago but the bike feeling doesn't go away, i had a trike before (yamaha virago 750) but the wiring was like a plate of spaggetti , so decided to get the maxim, on closer inspection it needs a few bits and pieces (exhaust).

I really appreciate your advise

thanks Kenny

Hi Kenny no problem mate your not the first and wont be the last, it's only when you get to know the site that it will all come together, lots of info on here and lots of people who know their stuff to, if you have any questions about how to do something then bung it in the workshop area and wait for a reply. The wiring on my XJ was a nightmare, the usual gorilla with a pair of pliers and knife had attacked it so had to completely rewire the blasted thing, I was thinking of doing the same thing with my Maxim but got to many bikes and not enough time, if you are really going to do the trike thing then lots of peeps on here will be interested in how your getting on so start a thread in the PROJECTS section and post up what your doing, expect lots of comments as I don't think anyone has done one on here for a while if at all. If I can help out at all feel free to shout out, where are you by the way cos if your close and want a hand let me know, good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online