Did my first wheelie!

feliks
This post is 3813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got some good tips from a few youtube videos and tried my hand at a power wheelie in first gear the other day... this was my 3rd attempt at it, the other two got up, but only about an inch, giggity.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Make sure your pretty darn straight before giving it the pull. Seen so many guys and gals land with a wonky wheel and there pride and joy bouncing down the road.

At 0.08 secs in your vid you just see your wheel turn slightly left just before lift off. Just take care.

Keep it up

If you plan on doing alot of wheelies better move the oil pick up to the back of the pan,or weld in a deep sump and extend the pick up,or you will fry the motor mainly the cams.

Trust me I fried mine from doing 5 gear wheelies in about 5k from new,the fz/fj motors don't like to be turned in that position fo long befor they cavitae and stop picking up oil.

Make sure your pretty darn straight before giving it the pull. Seen so many guys and gals land with a wonky wheel and there pride and joy bouncing down the road.

At 0.08 secs in your vid you just see your wheel turn slightly left just before lift off. Just take care.

Keep it up

Yeah I noticed that in the video after I took a look at it , good call! Will try to keep em straight!

If you plan on doing alot of wheelies better move the oil pick up to the back of the pan,or weld in a deep sump and extend the pick up,or you will fry the motor mainly the cams.

Trust me I fried mine from doing 5 gear wheelies in about 5k from new,the fz/fj motors don't like to be turned in that position fo long befor they cavitae and stop picking up oil.

No 5th gear wheelies for me... lol. Just want to be able to pop it up every now and then, nothing crazy! :D

UM you know about the stunt drivin law,if you get caught doing whellies you can kiss your licence bybby as your on a M1 0 tollerence till you get your M.

UM you know about the stunt drivin law,if you get caught doing whellies you can kiss your licence bybby as your on a M1 0 tollerence till you get your M.

That's why this was on a closed course, of course... ;)

That's why this was on a closed course, of course... ;)

O right the corn field to corn field closed course what was I thinking :eusa_whistle: ,some women just can't appriciate a good wheelie.

As the track is closed for the year now,but next year a day at cayuga,on a open track day,or St Thommas drag park ( I know the CEO) we can get together and do wheelies all day till your comfortable with shifiting much safer that way, a day at cayuaga on the circut track you'll be a way better rider.

Everyone should do a day at the track at least once a year,help's keep you sain on the roads. Nothing beats getting to thrash the shite outa your bike without havin to be looking for "Johnnie law"

O right the corn field to corn field closed course what was I thinking :eusa_whistle: ,some women just can't appriciate a good wheelie.

As the track is closed for the year now,but next year a day at cayuga,on a open track day,or St Thommas drag park ( I know the CEO) we can get together and do wheelies all day till your comfortable with shifiting much safer that way, a day at cayuaga on the circut track you'll be a way better rider.

Everyone should do a day at the track at least once a year,help's keep you sain on the roads. Nothing beats getting to thrash the shite outa your bike without havin to be looking for "Johnnie law"

Yeah, you know about that corn field closed course too I see. :D

As for track day - I'd totally be down for that, could always use more practice in a safe environment!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online