nicked XS 250

rjh357
This post is 3782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not a good day yesterday trying to sleep after a night shift one more to do when woken by an anonymous phone number about to rip into the telesales person about getting a proper job except it is the Police.

Are you the owner of such and such a so and so registration number this and that, yes, were is the motorcycle, at this point you know the conversation is not going to go in your favour.

No sadly it isn’t on my drive it is about 1500 yards away down a hidden lane, get dressed walk to it there she is. Ignition wires ripped out side panels missing, for some bazaar reason seat front is torn up in the air. They must have thought getting to the battery would start it not sure of there logic on that.

Fortunately on its centre stand so no oli everyere, they must have done that had it to bugger about trying to start it, (they failed all fuses blown which would have happend as the wires to ignition grounded out)

Panniers open not forced as they are just old army Ammo boxes that don’t lock (I keep nothing in them). Thankfully she is pushable so get it home swearing and cursing, Police are first class. A lady PC came round took a statement. She has a baby blade herself we have a chat and some head shakes about the lads on scooters and 125s in the summer wearing just shorts trainers and T shirts. (she helped scrap a few of the tarmac this year)

I get the full works, forensics duly turns up, she is now covered in finger print hunting stuff but nothing they can use.

My fault of course, came home from work Sunday in pouring rain after a 12 hour shift looked at the padlock in a puddle and thought I will leave it this once. Who would want to steal an old XS 250, (had they got her started i suspect she would have been thrashed round the lakes and ended up in one)

Wife is even more angry than me her thoughts are, if it is a boys they should have certain parts of his cut off, if a girl should have certain parts of hers sown up for life.

So the nitty gritty, have managed to straighten the seat but it is useless now won’t hold shape the spine is broken and corroded bits have broken. It is useable but not much else but will do until E bay comes up with something.

Managed to re wire ignition, charged battery and she fires up, a sigh of relief, only problem though is lights.

Replaced all fuses but head light and instruments don’t light up and neutral and high beam, low oil pressure don’t work.

Sent for a Haynes manual from Amazon only a tenner but the wiring has been butchered in the past I wasn’t bothered as it worked just hope colour codes have been maintained.

Can’t be too bad as indicators, rear lamp brake lights horn electric foot all work, than the rain started can anyone please tell me why the car or bike always has problems when it is cold and wet and horrible.

Will continue on the lights tomorrow hopefully logic and experience and knowledge will see things through so long as whoever did the wiring lash up used logic experience and knowledge of course.

Now it is off to B&Q for a F--K off security light, get a disk lock maybe an alarm all to protect a worn out old XS 250 worth a few hundred pounds but just happens to be my pride and joy and some animal decided to have a laugh with.

Could have been a lot worse i suppose looking at a half full glass instead of a half empty one can’t wait to get the old girl back on the road.

RJH

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bloody hell mate that's not funny!!! Hope they find the little shits but probably had a terrible home life and we should all feel sad for them rather than take them round the back and kick 7 shades of shit out of them. At least you got it back which is a bonus nowadays some poor souls have to start right over. Hope you figure it out, if you need anything don't hesitate to shout out we all have bit's and bob's laying around that you might be able to cobble together.

Skip the alarm,, get an electic fence transformer, and wire it... . scum bas**ds...

I recon " it was coz its a XS four stroke its why they left it,,, if it was an RD :rolleyes: ..

joking apart" shit news rjh,,,,

crap, no good no matter what the bike.

I have one of those super duper alarms someone recommend on here, 100 decibels and it hurts your ears ( even with my deafness)

I haven't got a spare seat pan, I have foam. Keep an eye out on ebay 360 and 400 stuff will fit :)

Well made the most of the weather, there were some cables torn out in the headlamp cowl managed to figure out the previous owner’s logic

A new bulb, I can only get 40/45 W not original 20/25 hope the extra couple of amps won’t be too much for the alternator, have to order a 20/25, 99.9% halogen now and thart was all was in stock for today.

I have found out I need to look on E-bay for a new headlight as well, nothing to do with the theft it is badly corroded but the silver is still fine but there is almost no metal on the inside of the saround, one of the lugs broke of in fact but will be Ok till i find one.

A couple of hours tinkering and all worked, been for a spin 25 miles around the Leicestershire countryside and a 10 mile slam at 75 down a couple of duel carriageways (yes it will do that in 5th but wont hold it in 6th against anything) and all is fine and still working and she didn’t miss a beat.

Got myself a longer chain that is easier to get on, as it is secured to house had to juggle things a bit to get it on easy now. I have also found a long hasp padlock that will go in the cut-outs at the base of the disk so additional lock there and very easy to use, also got the steering lock un jammed, security light round side where I store it will be an alarm next.

Still have to look for a seat base but it is useable (thanks for tip about 360 and 400 I will add to my searches), also the side panels one of which is lost the other damaged but can take all the time I want with that as not essential, in fact I quite like the rat bike look and 1 thing less to clean.

All that is left is to clean it, a dirty word for me as I don’t normally do that but the fingerprint stuff that was walloped all over it is horrible.

Thanks for the support I am just glad I got it back and they didn’t start it if they had it would have been thrashed round and then dumped in the lakes or river I am sure of that.

Or worse had the little angles been hurt riding it, I might have been done for infringing his or her human rights by having something they didn’t have and allowing them to take it, if I hadn’t had it and had it better secured they wouldn’t have taken it and wouldnt have got hurt so it would have been my fault if thay did.

I suppose the best way is to tax us workers so hard we can’t get anything we want and give it to the thieves so they don’t have to risk anything when hay steel it.

Thanks all

RJH

Glad it's all sorted and you can at least get about now, poor little Timmy or whatever probably has hemorrhoids from all the pushing so just wait in for the letter of compensation to arrive cos you just had to have a heavy bike for them to steal, have you no compassion man?

• 6 months later...

I'm sorry for your misfortune RJH.

Being a kindly soul I am remembering my plans for incapacitating the bastards who wrecked a bit of my pickup truck early one morning.

My evil plans included using a 2 foot iron bar mounted under the vehicle on a strong spring shaft. Any disturbance to the amateur radio antenna would trip the security lock on the spring thus releasing the bar to do its thing, mainly breaking the friggin' leg or legs of the perpetrator. That in turn would set off my alarm and give this old man plenty of time to go out and drag his sorry ass out to the country side and stake him out on an ant bed.

I had to re-assess my ingenious plan due to remembering that my memory might fail me at some time when I go to work on the antennas.

My wife said she would just leave me there for a while. :shakeno:

I'm sorry for your misfortune RJH.

Being a kindly soul I am remembering my plans for incapacitating the bastards who wrecked a bit of my pickup truck early one morning.

My evil plans included using a 2 foot iron bar mounted under the vehicle on a strong spring shaft. Any disturbance to the amateur radio antenna would trip the security lock on the spring thus releasing the bar to do its thing, mainly breaking the friggin' leg or legs of the perpetrator. That in turn would set off my alarm and give this old man plenty of time to go out and drag his sorry ass out to the country side and stake him out on an ant bed.

I had to re-assess my ingenious plan due to remembering that my memory might fail me at some time when I go to work on the antennas.

My wife said she would just leave me there for a while. :shakeno:

:crylaugh: Class reply.... :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online