XS750 Special Tripple cylinders and Headers

legendprice
This post is 3804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know the specs for upgrading or changing the Jets when the exhaust is changed ? I have a 1979 Triple and it has cut offs on it now and I don't think the jets have ever been changed but I need the specs to find out. And I am considering putting the 3 into 1 header on and will definitely need to change the jets up I believe at that point ! :hyper:

• 6 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I believe my main jets are 150's right now, I'm running straight pipes but I have pod filters as well, which have little to no air restriction.

Also, if you have a stock airbox, I'd keep it on unless you can fabricate extensions for pods before installing them. Pods allow turbulence in the carbs, and don't run as smooth.

Also, your location and climate can have a lot to do with propper jetting, arid or humid conditions deter air density.

Welcome to the fun in carb-work.

Good luck with getting it tuned, just remember that open pipes mean easier breathing and less backpressure on the exhaust.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online