the prettiest yam?

liquidcooled
This post is 6825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Certainly can't argue with Alex's choice of the R7 ;) ....as it brings back some great racing memories B) ....

Haga_LS_2000.jpg

But without a doubt, this has gotta get my vote :thumb: ....

Rainey_Replica.jpg

A Sweet Spondon-framed RD500 B)

the r7 would get my 2nd vote. goergeous bike! i just like the older style superbikes, wide, low, sitting right in them rather that perched on top :)

Gents,

Luv em all.

I started out on a fizzy then went on to a RD 125dx then a RD 350lc YPVS, then my YZF750r then a XJR 1300sp with ohlins as standard and now my beautiful 2003 model R1.

I have loved every single one of them and if money was no object, I'd be buying the new R1 sp.

Just for your info L. cooled, my local Yam dealer has a brand new (as in never used) owo1. His grandad who started the firm, used to race and upon retirement got the Yamaha franchise. He and all of the family who took over the business collected bikes to make a small museum and I suppose a nest egg.

This owo1 is pride of place and although never ridden on the road, grandad took it round a track just to see what it was like, well he did buy it!

It is truly a thing of beauty with only 16 miles on the clock.

Grandad had an offer of £19k for it some years ago but declined. The current boss Steve has had two offers,

the highest being £27k. I'm glad to say he valued his late grandad's memory higher than the money and it is still pride of place!

Now, I don't think this could be called pretty, but i do find it rather attractive. it kinda reminds me of richard iii or the hunchback of notre dame.

i've seen a few on the road and they look good but i do not know how they perform. this is a contender for my next bike when the xj gets the heave-ho.normal_FZ1.jpg

Edited by cidered666

• Admin

Yeah it sure looks a nice bike, the only problem is due to the colour Pete will probably buy one soon! ;)

Yeah it sure looks a nice bike, the only problem is due to the colour Pete will probably buy one soon! ;)

and it will be the best bike ever. until he sells it for something else :lol:

yeah i have to agree i like the yamaha r1 sp! with all of its extras its a pretty beasty machine. although the r6 and the exup do look nice. that exup looks quite mean as well as its vvery low to the floor. i'd love a go on that track bike looks like the owner has spent a lot on that.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online