1972 CT-2 175 issues

MXCT272
This post is 3865 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey All!

Just bought a 1972 CT-2. Having issues getting it to start. The bike has great compression, and a spark, but it wont pop. I figured I am going to replace the points and condenser (hopefully that will solve the problem) but does anyone have any other suggestions, or have had a similar problem getting them running? I know two strokes can be a little mysterious at times...

Any help would be great!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh .as he says , you"ve got spark/ compression / try the fuel side ..[ carb= petcock flow] Welcome bye the way,, :jossun:

Thanks for the tips! I havent quite fooled around with gasoline yet, as I haven't gotten it to pop even with starter fluid yet, plugs have gas smell when I spray into the carb. I have tried spraying starter directly into the spark plug hole and nothing there either. Hoping replacing the points may help the actual ignition...but who knows. Haven't cleaned the jets yet either..so that may be a good cause.

Should I try running gas through it, even though the starter fluid "test" isnt reacting?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online