My bike only goes 210km/h!

feliks
This post is 3843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My bike only goes 210km/h! Lol. Which is pretty fast I think!

Just makes me laugh seeing threads with people who have a 125cc and don't understand why it doesn't go over 100km/h...... lol :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

O God, are we REALLY going there? Ha ha

No!!!!! STOP NOW, this has been done to death. :shakeno:

Give em a break he's new and we don't have to ride 125's for our first bikes NO HP limits here just road speed limits and day rules till he gets past his m1

Kinda like your L but easier to get to the next level.

I still don't get why you guys gov think's riding a 12 hp bike will make you a better rider,I would be scared on the hiway if I couldn't pass anyone.Or had to wring the piss out of my bike just to keep up.

Oh ya he probably dosen't knoe the hp rule yet that you guys have to live with.

lolol :D Who even knows how fast they can go anyway? It's not like we can try that out in Canada anywhere on the road................. :eusa_shifty:

O God, are we REALLY going there? Ha ha

Oh I went there...lol

No!!!!! STOP NOW, this has been done to death. :shakeno:

Why so serious?

We tend to get an influx of 17-year old UK 'bikers' who have just passed thier CBT (basically ride around a car park without falling off) and then want to make it as fast as possible until it self destructs, and then ask for help on how to fix it despite the previous advice given of keeping it stock and reliable, after a while it gets tiresome replying to the same sort of thread over and over.

my DT50MX used to top out at just over 50mph (80kph) but not for any extended period of time, so if you can get a 125 to do 130mph (210kph) without it exploding spectacularly and throwing you over the handlebars, you must be doing something right

That was the whole point of the joke. I didn't post it to say "help me get my bike to go faster!" .... I understand my bike's limits, I'm a newbie but I'm not stupid. :D Just entertaining the folks....lol Maybe some folks anyway. :D

made me laugh .

you bunch of jump the gun morons :hah: what a bunch of spanners we have on the yoc...

Oh ya he probably dosen't knoe the hp rule yet that you guys have to live with.

What has brown sauce got to do with it? If I add some direct to the plug, will the acidity make it burn hotter, giving me more thrust??? Lol!

Made i chuckle too. thing is tho i seen that this was a light hearted question to start with and these threads are so much more fun / funny when its a serious and genuine question. ha ha

Elvis, sadly the acid within HP sauce is no match to the performance gains of adding reggae reggae sauce into the barrels, that stuff is like rocket fuel but be warned you will melt the berrels and piston and teppets and the every other engine part.

• Like 1

My old FS1E used to get up to around 50mph if you lay flat on the tank, problem was if you tried to stay at that speed for more than a minute or so you used to feel the engine start to seize and had to pull over to let it cool down, thus negating the point of going that fast as all my mates with their new restricted 50cc's would pass me.

:hah::hah::hah:

Made i chuckle too. thing is tho i seen that this was a light hearted question to start with and these threads are so much more fun / funny when its a serious and genuine question. ha ha

Elvis, sadly the acid within HP sauce is no match to the performance gains of adding reggae reggae sauce into the barrels, that stuff is like rocket fuel but be warned you will melt the berrels and piston and teppets and the every other engine part.

MMm but I bet the exhaust smells like BBQ! Delicious! :D

if you can get a 125 to do 130mph (210kph) without it exploding spectacularly and throwing you over the handlebars, you must be doing something right

He is... he's traded it in for a 600cc!!

I still don't get why you guys gov think's riding a 12 hp bike will make you a better rider,I would be scared on the hiway if I couldn't pass anyone.Or had to wring the piss out of my bike just to keep up.

12hp limits what you can do and how you can do it, pretty much down to basic car level. If you need 130hp in order to ride in what you consider a safe road manner, then you're asking for trouble!

A 125cc forces you to take your time getting up to speed and for any manoeuvre undertaken you have to observe well the conditions around you, planning everything in advance. Overtakes in particular.

Once you graduate up to a big bike, your ingrained 125 habits *do* make you a better rider. You observe and forward-plan, rather than relying on your power to blast you out of trouble.

125s generally don't do much on the 'highway' (once you ditch the L-plates, of course) as although the minimum speed capability for motorway vehicles is 50mph, the limit is 70 and at that point you'll rarely need to overtake very often. Usually - Lane 1 is chugging at 50-60 and Lane 2 is 65-75-ish, with Lane 3 anything up to 90+ and full of dickheads in BMWs and Audis.

I can see the advantage in starting on a smaller bike. I did that by accident....because when I got mine it was running on 3 cylinders and I didnt' even know it. So while learning... I couldn't go fast and it actually helped. Now that I'm confident enoughon two wheels, I can give it some more throttle comfortably and without killing myself. It actually worked out good!