my rectifier buzzes when i turn on my indicator

mcnamara1710
This post is 3998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bee's Wasp's or Hornet's? :grin:

are you sure the rectum fryer makes a noise .... I would guess this to be impossible with an RX100 ..... would guess your flasher relay is knackered

Oh a HISSING noise, you should have said that first that's snakes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My flasher unit is close to my rectifier,so maybe your right its like a hissing noise ok thanks

that really sounds like the flasher can .... however if the battery is below par the can will make a noise and the indicators will fail to work...

As the bike is now a bit old the following may help replace the flasher can with a rating less than the original spec .... I.E if the can is rated at 10w replace with an 8w can & bulbs also check the brown wire (with a white trace) to check that there are no dry joints in the loom ....

Ok what do you mean by dry loom etc thanks

no in the loom there are some soldered joints over time they decay and need re soldering ... from memory I think the light brown/white trace has a soldered joint .... check the wiring diagram if you have one

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online