ybr clicking

jackm20010
This post is 3915 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had my moment today I had an accident on the ybr, I'm fine and bike seemed to be ok however I am now noticing after the accident at slow speeds I seem to hear a slight ticking or click, strange thing is if I just spin the wheel I dont here the clicking however the break seems to be rubbing more than before.

The bike still runs fine just would like some suggestion on what to look at to possibly stop this problem.

Jack

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you may have knocked your back wheel out of alignment, check your chain tension, loosen off rear brake adjuster & wheel alignment adjusters and the of cause rear axle, realign the wheel checking the chain, tighten the axle nut not forgetting new slit pin, adjust rear brake.

ps make sure markings on adjusters and swingarm are the same on both sides

Glad you are okay! that is the main thing.

my guess would be wheel bearings! thats what i would to check first

Right now it's all guess work!

1st determin where the noise is comming from.

Lift both ends F/r and see if you can hear it when rotating the wheels.

as it's only a 125 you can do this by lifting it on the side stand and have someone rotate the front wheel.Then repeat with the rear wheel.

once you know what is making the noise then it will be simple to fix,just to many varriables to say"it's this go fix it"

With my lack of knowledge I got a bit too enthusiastic on my YBR once and over-tightened the chain. That resulted in a ticking noise at low speeds and only when running (nothing from just spinning the wheel).

Adjusted it to the correct requirements and all returned to normal.

Could that be a possibility?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online