SR125 -97- Strange Indicators going on (or not as the case is )

Bandit Rider
This post is 4001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, well the boy passed his CBT so My R1 is maybe not as safe in the long term as Id hoped ,,. Seriosuly glad he got it ..

So the problem we have is that if the bike ignition key is turned just on, the indicators work perfect , flash rate is good ,all round .

However, start the bike and put the indicators on, then that where it all goes to rats ..

They hesitate for 15-20 seconds before they come on the flash rate is erratic and then they only do 3-4 cycles and then stay off ...

So when the engine running there is a problem .

The switch is totally clean and functions fine ,(as supported by normal flashing when no engine running )

The Battery is brand new , the lights when they do flash are consistent in brightness, no dimming of the indicators them selves or the console warning light .

My 1st thought is maybe the flasher relay , but cant find a way to check it , and cant work out why it would be a problem only when the engine runs ..

So are there any sparkie wizzes out there, or other owners that have had similar problems ?

Thanks all, til we resolve this he is on the back of the R1 again ..

BR

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Flasher can would be my guess.

When I got my SR the contacts had rusted together and caused them to stay on, after a bit of gentle persuasion I managed to get them to work again (gently prise them apart and use electrical cleaning spray

Thanks all, bit of an update :

I have changed the relay, no fix.. :-(

But my description was maybe not specific.

The Indicators work fine when the engine is off

&

The Indicators work fine at tick over revs with the engine running.

But

they cease when any revs are then applied , almost immediatly .

so

it may be as Airhead offered , vibration.

So next step to run the engine warm , then give some of the wires a tap / wiggle Id imagine as it is all the indicators, it must be switch / relay / ignition wires...

Good job its winter, but hope it does not become a full winter project... Thanks again , and any further advice will be gratefully received .

BR .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online