XJ900 Forks

Sandrina
This post is 4005 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I recently bought a 1988 XJ900 F Trike as a mini project for me & my dad!! We've a problem with the forks in that when you push the handle bars down & then release the forks don't come back up. We've been told it might be the springs. Has anybody got any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Until you take them apart your not going to know what's wrong, for all you know there are no springs inside, and as Airhead say's it might be simply a case of to much weight on them, take the top bolts off and look down the tubes if you see springs and oil them it's to much weight if you see no oil or springs then you have the solution to your problem.

Ok if they return a little then you might have more of a problem than you think, it might be that the forks are bent, possible I suppose as this will restrict the forks from moving freely. You will have to use a square to check to see if they are straight and it might be that only one of the fork legs is a problem.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online