DT175 running on choke only

mcferreira100
This post is 4002 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can`t see how to break this down further. I do witness carb spray coming through the tube holes so they are clear. I notice there is no seals on the mating surfaces in the pic and where it screws onto the carb. Shouldn`t there be some sort of seal where these parts screw together?

10j6.jpg
Also this tube came out when I pulled off the hose from the tank. Is this normal?..just pushed it back in.
def9.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes no sort of.hahaha yes thats the air/fuel mix screw,no seal needed,yes it was just pushed in from the factoy but realy shouldn't be that easy to get out. As long as it dosent leak fuel you will be fine,you can take a punch and open it up a bit so it fit's good and tight,open the end that fit's in the carb

Referring to those small 3 holes on the shaft in the pic.

Its easy to see the needle jet is clear, however I have been banging on about the bypass hole into the venturi thats what I wanted you to winess it is clear with your spray and straw. It is this route the fuel through the pilot jet will take and the symptom of dying when the choke is not on would suggest the problem is related to pilot fuel.

I have posted pics in one of your other threads of the bypass hole

Yep..spray coming thru there Airhead. Strange I have swopped carbs and although its running better, both carbs have an idling issue. Maybe both these bikes have crankshaft seal issues.

No idea

To check the seal on the magneto side

Start the engine and get it idling about 2000rpm using the throttle stop adjutment screw.

Can of WD40 with a straw attached, direct a sray jet through the slots on the magneto rotor aiming towards where the seal will be.

Listen for any change at all in the way the engine is running or change in idle speed.

Any change of course indicates a bad seal

A nice easy check

Thanks Airhead..was reading up on here for crankshaft seals saw a post from you about this..also I see it only tends to leak on magneto side as other side immersed in oil. Does it have to be WD40 or can I use another lubricating fluid? I normally use Q20..not sure if it makes a difference.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online