Another Country, Another Oilchange.....

Pete
This post is 6684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....for the XT350! B)

normal_xts37.jpg

For those of you who don't know the history of this bike....the wife saw it stored at the back of an old carpet clearance warehouse in Mid Wales last June.

She told me about it, so I went and made enquiries and it turned out that it belonged to the shop owner. Apparently he'd bought it some years previously, rode it to his warehouse, and just never used it.

It was 14 years old, original tyres and battery with a verifiable 5300 miles from new.

So I made him an offer, bump started it, and rode it away. The rest is history!

When I was about to move to Spain, I put it up for sale. But when it came to the crunch I couldn't sell it, so we brought it over with us!

After years of neglect, it's been treated like a King by me and gets the best of everything!

Anyway....back to the oilchange!

I've had to switch from Silkolene 10w-40 semi synth to Castrol GPS 15w-50 semi synth as it needs a different grade of oil here.

And Silkolene seems to be unobtainable in these cretinous Battle Scooter dealers.

Anyway, oil and filter change done today at 6800 miles.

The full list of work done since I bought it in June is:

5300 Miles: bought the bike, changed oil and filter, new spark plug, new battery, new tyres.

5800 miles: oil and filter change, plus air filter change, and full service by ace mechanic Steve Plain...including valves, rocker cover gasket, front fork oil seals.

6000 miles: fuel tap washers replaced, new stoplight switch fitted, tank removed and flushed.

6300 miles: oil change, and UK Euro-style number plate fitted.

6600 miles: new Euro-spec headlamp added.

6800 miles: oil and filter change, adjustment and lubrication of all cables, plus linkages and grease nipples.

I honestly don't ever see me selling this thing....cos it's the only bike I've ever had an emotional attachment to!

No idea why....maybe it's because we rescued it and gave it a good home?

And as it is now, like me, it will see out the rest of it's years in a sunnier climate than what it's been used to!

So.....it's now good to go.....weather permitting! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Glad to see that your still enjoying yourself out there... surely missing the british weather will get you back sooner or later ;)

I swear that bike has had more oil in it than fuel! :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online