White wires to regulator/rectifier YX600

neversaydie
This post is 4009 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wonder if anyone can help me with this one.

Had a couple of failures recently, bikes cut out, electrics dead on both occasions. Battery flat both times, but the bikes been running very well in between those.

After checking charging system, 2 possibilities left. One is the rotor, which ohms out on the bottom limit of the recommended spec, and the reg/rect which can't be checked out. Only getting 12.9 volts at 5,000 rpm.

As the reg/rect is the cheapest and easiest option, I've plumped for that first.

Problem is, previous owner cut off the plug in the loom and crimped the cables together. I've got the cables marked 1/2/3 as on now, but when the new one arrives and I separate the cables, how will I know that 1/2/3 are in the same order on the new one?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

white wires are the output from the alternator to the rectifier, doesn't matter which way they are as they all output the same!

if you have a manual the wiring diagram should give you the info.

Looking promising, 20 mile tootle today, 12.4 volts at the batt before the off, 13.4 volts when I got back. 14.4 volts at 5,000rpm

Hope thats the end of the recent breakdowns. Stopped dead on right in the middle of junction 24 M1 at rush hour, luck to get off the island alive