CHECK YOURE INSURED!!!!!

wild foamy
This post is 3807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps.

had a very worrying experiance today, i was on askMID checking if the previous owner was still insured on my new Pajero as some companies wont allow two policies on the same vehicle.

just as a passing fancy, i put both of my other registrations through. both came back as being uninsured!.

the FTO was insured with diamond about 3 months ago, the Kia has been insured since november last year and to my knowledge both vehicles have been covered up until now.

i havent been home for atleast 3 weeks now, and it was only out of chance that i drove the kia back to hungerford to sell it (buyer never turned up, c*nt) and found that i had mail from two weeks ago from both insurance companies asking me to send a copy of my driving licence and proof of employment as part of an audit, i intended to contact their customer services tomorrow and email them copies as i wouldnt trust royal snail with anything.

again, at this point to my knowledge i was still insured, i had no emails, phone calls or letters to say that my policy was being cancelled.

say on the way back up i hit someone/someone hit me/i got pulled by the police. i would have been 100% illegal, 6 points on licence and probably a bit of porridge where i would meet a big black man called bubba, who says he wants to be my special shower friend.

god help those fuckers when i get hold of them tomorrow :madflame: :madflame: :madflame: :madflame: :madflame: , if i pay £2500 for something i atleast want a sweaty brow and a full johnny to show for it!.

okay, f*cking rant over. may be worth checking askMID to see if your own vehicles are still insured.

:soapbox:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I saw similar something on another forum; a woman got stopped as her car reported uninsured on ANPR.

It turns out her insurance company cancelled [they are SARing tof ind out why], but the insurance company had the wrong address (their old address from a number of years ago) and sent the cancellation there.

At the moment the insurance company [esure] are not admitting any liability. Unfortunately no insurance is an absolute offence, the lady faces a £200 fine and six points, plus astronomical future premiums.

The virago i bought yesterday will have a print-out of the certificate left under the seat, as I don't want to it to be seized if it pings ANPR.

Have always carried a photo copy of my docs under the seat just in case, makes it a lot easier to tell the law that you have everything and be able to show it straight off as getting towed and left to walk is not my idea of a good day out!!!

Its not the possibility of pinging ANPR that bothers me, its the fact they had not even attempted to contact me to inform me that im no longer covered, ive lived at the same address for the past 4 years and all my details are correct on the policy certificate. if i had hit someone on the way home i would have been royally f*cked.

i carry both parts of my licence just in case i get stopped and my policy numbers are saved into my phone, but that wouldnt help me if i gave a policy number to the police that wasnt active.

turns out my brothers fiance had the same thing happen, cost her £25 admin fee to get it reissued.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Special shower friend haha

But seriously that is very worrying, can't believe the insurers didn't notify you. I think I will go with carrying a photocopy of the policy around with me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online