Has anyone on here ever fitted speakers?

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 4016 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Being on a bike and enjoying twists and turns helps me forget:

A roof when it's wet

Heating when it's cold

Air con when it's hot

Bumpers

4 wheels when it's raining

Vulnerability pretty much all the time

What I really miss is not having a little music. I don't believe the use of earphones is safe as it completely removes a vital sense that keeps you safe. So I've been looking on eBay at small fm/mp3 type radios with a couple of small speakers. Nothing too loud just something to listen to at a sensible volume while I'm enjoying a ride. (Bearing in mind 50-60mph is my limit).

Anybody's thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

once you've got your lid on this will reduce your hearing to some degree, there are speakers available that will fit inside the helmet (quite popular with people who use intercoms)

one of my mates has an intercom which doubles as a hands free and a music player, will have to ask him what it is

I've seen as well - I assumed that they would be as bad as using in earphones? I've seen the ones that look as though they stick inside the lid and resemble full headphones. Would you mind asking him if it blocks out much external noise? Cheers

I've ridden with ear phones in and to be honest it doesn't make you any less vulnerable than you already are, but now (once back on the road) I just listen to nothing but the engine as music and all the other mod cons you get in cages these days are too distracting.

I use this andrew , connected with my tom tom raider and my phone via bluetooth. I guess this kind of speakers is what you want. ofcourse you can find cheaper product or just wired speakers.

Andrew, My lid has built in Bluetooth, phone/MP3 even has the ability to link to my Kindle so can listen to it as I ride. Only £60 odd quid and there are plenty of them out there, lot less annoying than external speakers and people don't think your a prat, unless you start to sink along of course, then they stay away cos they think your on something!!!

wtf do you wqant speakers. did you not hear one of the goldwings with speakers on turn up at squires?

the rider was blasting out Mullet rock from the 80's. he thought he was the mutts nutz but all I thought was what a knob!

skull candy in ear headphones , plugged into your iphone , job done , fuck everything else around you.

or sing to yourself,?

thems your two top choices...

• Like 1

I use earphones if im going to be doing lots of motorways and constant high-speed stuff, but for nipping in to town and back i dont bother, takes longer to sort them out and get the right playlist than it does for me to do a trip.

its more-so an iusse for me when you come off the motorway and reach a roundabout or town where the road is much quieter but the music is still playing louder than i normally would have it.

I use earphones if im going to be doing lots of motorways and constant high-speed stuff, but for nipping in to town and back i dont bother, takes longer to sort them out and get the right playlist than it does for me to do a trip.

its more-so an iusse for me when you come off the motorway and reach a roundabout or town where the road is much quieter but the music is still playing louder than i normally would have it.

this is one of the good points on scala raider, automatically adjust the volume, depending of your speed :D also you can answer or reject the calls by voice, you still hear the comm if you use earplugs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online