Cant swear enough today !!

twincle
This post is 3975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick update, I rang the repairers today and everythings been authorised - that £2500 worth of repair, plus ongoing bike hire costs ;)

Bad news is that swing arms, indicator and fairing are on 'back order' so amazingly there will be a delay in getting the bike back aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh

still at least it wil be repaired at no cost to me :P

Good to hear they didn't f&*) you!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a quick update, I rang the repairers today and everythings been authorised - that £2500 worth of repair, plus ongoing bike hire costs ;)

Bad news is that swing arms, indicator and fairing are on 'back order' so amazingly there will be a delay in getting the bike back aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh

still at least it wil be repaired at no cost to me :P

You've done the right thing - not going throught the insurance is dicey these days, people will change their stories after the event to try to get out of their liabilities.

Hope your XJ6 feels better soon.

The old mans 'blade ended up being a cat C writeoff 16 years ago (2 years after the bike was made, most of it was probably fairings, headlight, mirror, indicator e.t.c) although he didnt know when he bought it.

the resale value has gone from £2500 to £1500 as any bike/car with a history of damage is less desirable as a 'straight' one, so even if your bike is repaired even as a Cat D you may find the resale value is affected, definately worth checking with the insurance company (in this case, sheilas) to check the status.

• 4 weeks later...

AND I CAN BREATHE AGAIN !!

the sexy beast is back, no not the wife, the other divvy - the xj6 !!! :P

I've been lurking but without the yammie i've felt naked and violated with hire bikes and not worthy to join in. But no more, they dropped it off tonight all repaired - well almost - they didnt change the hugger but theyll get a phone call monday about that :D

But god damn its good to get her back, now i've got a few spare parts for sale for a 2013 xj6 as i got them to bring them back too !

happy days !

• Like 1

Fitting the heated gloves today, put the power back for the camera, give it a proper clean and put spare parts on fleabay - apparently the wife says we need to go food shopping ?

haha.

Glad she is back - make sure you check the places you can't see too - underseat, under panels etc. Check all electrics still work too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online