rear brake

2_stroke_solja
This post is 6831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi ive just joined this site coz im in need of help

ive jus bought a tzr 125 r 1992 4dl belgarda import..and have almost finished workin on it.

the problem is the rear brake.

when i brake the rear brake does work most of the time

but some times it becomes soft and the rear brake pedal feels like its lost pressure and it jus touches the exhaust.

ive bled the system changed the pads and dismantled the caliper and cleaned it.

but it still seems to do this....however after when pressed the pedal when soft, and a few seconds later the pedal becomes firm again like the pressure has come back or something and i dont know what the problem is?

i dont think there are any leaks in the system tho bcos the reservoir doesnt go down?

and im not sure wheter this bike has a servo or not

thanks jon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't have any familiarity with your model of bike so cannot speak authoritively, but it souns as though you have a problem in the master cylinder similar to one which can happen on RD Yams. I can't recall the specifics I'm afraid, but within the master cylinder there are a couple of openings which are a sort of flow & return system and these can become blocked. I would strip the master cylinder anyway to be sure the seals are OK but pay attention anything of this nature.

Sorry to be so vague, but you might get more info from someone on here...www.aircooled-rd.com/forum

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online