New Guy From Pennsylvania

Kawi636rider
This post is 4022 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, new to the forum and thought this was a great place to start. Currently I do not own a Yamaha but am in the market for a project bike or possibly a project that could become my sport touring ride. I've owned RD's, RZ's, FZR's and R6's. Currently I own a Kawasaki 636 that is strictly a track day bike.

I'm a product of the 80's and have fond memories of the Yamaha bikes from that era. I would love to restore an RZ 350 or FZ600, however they just might not be the best bikes for my goal of doing some sport touring. The RZ/FZ project might be better saved for the future.

So, what I've been looking into is possibly an FZR 1000, FZ750, or YZF 750. All seem to be obtainable quite reasonably at the moment with the FZR 1000 the most available. The other bikes are out there but don't seem to be as complete. The FZ750 is quite rare in complete and stock form. I would like to have the end result of the restoration be as close to OEM stock as I can get. No one color repaint here. I want the bike looking like it just rolled off the showroom floor. It can be done, I've done it with other bikes and I know I should have kept them but storage becomes an issue with this addiction.

I look forward to meeting you all in the forums.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome 636" :jossun: yeah the restorations can cost a lot, so best start with a complete bike, as parts are getting rarer, and expensive.

Hi 636 if sport touring is your goal I would go with a fj100 or 1200.low comfee seat great handeling and most of all more than enough power to hall gear and pass with ease lots of aftermarket stuff too

welcome to the YOC the 80's were great

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online