France trip ..Triples club 8th sept

blackhat250
This post is 4020 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well it was an event full trip, . we were meant to be touring Andorra, but the casualties en-route forced an early end to trip. pic 1 loaded for the off,,,

France2013003.jpg

2 scotsmen at Watford gap 9 pm..

France2013005.jpg

Arrive at tunnel . 1 man down with gearbox , still 2 scots 1 English &5 French men

France2013006.jpg

Wolfie has a seizure, 40miles into france.

France2013008.jpg

Then we all get split in paris...9pm...

France2013010.jpg

Am on A6 to Auxerre . to hear that Andrew has puncture in N/E paris. on my own now.

Paris001.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tell us more please Blackhat

ps. did you paint your bike? thaught it was yellow, or have i lost my mind all-togeather

So as i head north to meet up , torrential rain hit me. i sat in a bus shelter in a village most of afternoon.

took a hotel as was frozen &wet..

tues Andrew phones no front tube till night,[19inch tube] So i thot fk it am heading north. missing Paris, i visited towns along the Western Front WW1, Soissone & campgnain , to see the graves . it was emotional to see them..worth the trip. then headed home via tunnel . 1,815 miles on a 2stroke.. in 6 days. :jossun:

Paris002.jpg

What a sight.Paris003.jpg

wow, that was eventful. I think bike trips always are and enriches the soul too

those cemeteries are certainly emotional and make you realise the sacrifices ordinary men and women make for us.

As scouts we did the Menin gate last post ceremony and I was crying my eyes out as were the other leaders. One woman collapsed with emotion.

300 miles a day for 6 days on a 2t that defeniatly get's you a IRON BUTT award,are you still vibrating?need any filling's tightened up LOL

Riding with a group is always fun but,going it solo is more fun IMO you can run on your own adjenda and if you feel like doing something different ya just do it.

Looks like you had a great time ,abit rushed I would want to see more,and for me to go that far I would.Suppose though nothing from stoping you from doing it again next year and for that I am truely jellous.

Had to find my own way back,,,,All others were broken down . and had punctures, i was doing my Bonnie & clyde act,, blasting thru the Tolls without paying... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

how the fuck can you find your way anywhere .

your worse than me for directions. ,

why ?? you only led us for five minutes from seaways , then we were all lost... :hah:

how the fuck can you find your way anywhere .

your worse than me for directions. ,

why ?? you only led us for five minutes from seaways , then we were all lost... :hah:

this is true!

Great pictures John.

Glad you got some miles in - top stuff to see a classic 2T doing that, you'd embarass some of the riders round here who think a 50 mile round trip to Weston-super-Mud, on their BMW mega-tourer is a big deal.

• Like 1

some of the riders round here who think a 50 mile round trip to Weston-super-Mud, on their BMW mega-tourer is a big deal.

:crylaugh: = :chair: Pmsl at that one Merv....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online