New member from Minnesota

Dual Nature
This post is 4021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

I have been riding Yamaha's all my life, street legal bikes now for 2 seasons.

I have logged some 14,000 miles in that time ( only 4,000 this season )

I ride a 1985 Virago XV-700, its a V-Twin, shaft drive cruiser style bike.

I have done some work to her in the past 2 years since i got her. It was really rough at first, i have had it painted, new drag pipes installed, new mirrors and data clusters, new tires, the seat recovered, and a few new electronic components.

I prefer my yamaha over any hurley davidson any day. She's got enough power to handle any riding situation, but doesnt go through a gallon of oil every other week. Nor does it vibrate to pieces, and fall apart like a harley.

I would like to get an R6 sports bike, but they're to expensive on insurance around here.. so that dream will have to wait for another day. :(

Long story short, i came on here to find a solution to my friends bike problem.. but this seems like a good forum to stick around on. Maybe we can learn a few things every now and then, ya never know...

85Virago700I_zps342b7571.jpg

85Virago700IV_zps4b6e0d45.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi DN

Welcome to to our very friendly forum. Brill intro, great pics.

Do you know what the famous 3M stands for? I do.

:welcome:

Hi DN

Welcome to to our very friendly forum. Brill intro, great pics.

Do you know what the famous 3M stands for? I do.

3M.. as in the company from Minnesota that makes tons and tons of stuff, tape being one of the most known? if not, i have no idea

Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing company. and yes they are known all over the world for their stationery.

So, when you get a dull spot at a party you can ask this question and make even more duller.