Changing the headlamps on an xvs125

Altum
This post is 3866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I'm looking at buying these twin lamps for my baby dragstar. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-TWIN-BLACK-DOMINATOR-HEADLIGHT-SET-HALOGEN-/320507291943?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4a9fb92927

I basically wanted to know how tough it's going to be to fit them? Will I need to buy special brackets, do any custom wiring etc?

Any help or advice would be awesome.

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The headlight on a 125 is bolted on from the bottom. Those say they are side mounted so you'd need to make a bracket for it. Shouldn't be too hard. Not sure of the black though. I like my chrome original with a visor. Good luck with the customising.

Depending on how you want thwm to be seen (ie minimal fixings...bulky whathaveya) depends on how hard its gonna be...if ut handy with a welder (migg not spot) then u can do a bracket that bolts on...if you wanna go the quick route you can bend some steel...matt black it and drill and bolt it in place...if ya wanna chrome any fixing...most places charge a minimum so find something u wanna chrome on top...ie pannier bars...whatever :)

You may want to check that they don't flatten your battery. I seem to recall the charge with lights on is fairly minimal - hence the poor light. Adding more lights can take this into a situation where the battery is discharging.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online